My Back to School Weight Loss Goal: 15 Pounds!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Stumbling

Ugh, another week, another up and down weigh in... this week I'm up. Considering my previous post where I admitted to not working out once this week (okay, that's not true, I did work out yesterday), it's really no wonder. But I really got to thinking about this and I've come to this conclusion:

Maybe the gym really isn't for me anymore.

We all get bored with various routines. For instance, lunch. I have a habit of making sandwiches for lunch a lot. Then, I get bored and start making eggs or soups or warm lunches. Then I switch back when I'm sick of soups and salads. I've already done this with my workout routine. If I remember correctly, this is what the past few years have looked like:

Spring 2008: Worked out with DVDs, started C25K program in April
Summer 2008/Fall 2008: Joined Gym #1, did lots of elliptical, stairmaster, and rowing along with weights
Spring 2009: Joined Gym #2, started going early in the mornings, but it didn't work out.
Summer 2009: At Gym #2, discovered my love for spin classes
Fall 2009/Spring 2010/Summer 2010: Paid for Gym #2, but barely went. Ever.

I am starting to wonder why I felt that I needed to be a member of a gym in order to lose weight, especially since I haven't really gone to the gym regularly for the past 11 or so months. I have to admit that I joined Gym #2 mainly because that's where all my friends were going, and now we all have different schedules, so I don't really get to see any of them. So, right now, I'm considering two options: return to my workout DVDs and see how that goes OR rejoin Gym #1. I'm going to give myself the next few weeks to really consider what I want to do before school begins. Gym #2 is definitely crowded during the school year, since it is the rec center for the campus, and I really enjoyed Gym #1 for not being so crowded and always feeling like I could get my workout done without having to wait for equipment.

Anyway, the next few weeks will be my trial period to see if I can get over my gym boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment